Winch Lane Surgery

01437 762333

Sick certificates

Form SC1, “Self Certificate Claim Form for Sickness benefit, (including Invalidity Benefit)” for the self-employed, unemployed and those patients who have special medical treatments (dialysis, radiotherapy, chemotherapy and plasmapheresis) is available from the Surgery.

If you are an employee, your employers may ask you to complete their own self-certificate form or Form SC2, “Employer’s Statement of Sickness”.

All claimants who have been sick for more than seven days, should arrange an appointment with their Doctor to obtain a sick note (Medical Certificate).  Please note that a fee is payable for a Private Sick Note.